How do I spend my time?
- Studying Computer Science
- Since 1990 I'm studying computer science
and biology at the
University of Oldenburg.
- Infodrom Oldenburg
- Infodrom Oldenburg is
a server (network) system as part of the North-Net. It's used to
provide access to the Usenet to individuals. Since it's
connected directly to the Internet it provides several services to users:
- FTP server,
combining about 30gb of disk space, providing severalmirrors,
like a full mirror of Debian, CPAN and lots of Unix/Linux stuff.
- Linux HOWTO's
- Gtk Buffet
- several mailing lists
- Hosting an M68k and PowerPC development machine
- Hosting the Artis Studinetz
- The North-Net is an
association of individuals who want to provide cheap net
connectivity for individuals. Its access points are located in
the north-western part of Germany.
- In 1994 I started to introduce a LAN into the students home I
live in. After several negative experiences I finally got
permission to go through all rooms and install network
equipment. This was the first such project in Oldenburg, other
- Individual Network
- From 1996 or so I was an active contributor to the Individual Network e.V.. I used
to maintain the info desk for a couple of months before I was
hired to work at the office of the association. Being there I
was one of the main organisators of the Aachen Kongreß.
- Software in the Public Interest
- Since 1998 I am vice-president of Software in the Public
Interest. We're providing resources for free software and
- Oldenburger STACHEL
- The Oldenburger Stachel is a
monthly magazine for Oldenburg and metropolitan area. It's
called alternative press since it has a different point
of view like common newspapers.
- Linux is a free Unix-like operating system. For several years I
work with it and it is great. I'm also devloping software with
and for it and provide support.
- Debian GNU
- Debian GNU is a (the!) free
Linux distribution which is built by >400 people all around the
world. It is one of my favourite projects.
- Joey's Infopool
- This is my personal homepage where I collect information about
- Fachschaft Informatik
- The Fachschaft
Informatik is a group of active students in our department.
We're representing all of our students in all boards in our
- Board for EDV at University of Oldenburg
- This is one University-wide boards where I'm representing
students needs. It is responsible for the computing center and
general networking issues.
- I was working as part-time worker for OrgaTech, a computer-oriented
company and ISP.
- The goal of manpages-de
is to provide manpages for Linux translated into the German
- Gtk Buffet
- The Gtk
Buffet is a collection of Gtk based software and libraries.
- The sysklogd is responsible for log messages which are sent
through a Unix system. I'm co-maintaining the Linux version.
- This is finger daemon is highly configurable, I'm maintaining the
- Radio Oldenburg
- We have tried to establish a local broadcast station in order to be
able to provide a news medium opposite to the common ones
(newspaper, broadcast stations). Since we didn't get permission
to broadcast we try to work on other issues and help people in
other cities who were able to establish a local broadcast
- From 1999 the LinuxTag
acquired me as team member with main focus on free software
projects and general discussions. Besides these LinuxTag
exhibitions I have organized two similar exhibitions in
- In 1999 I founded the ffis
e.V., an association meant to support free software and free
information with its main focus in the north-western area of Germany.
- Then write to me.
- FITUG e.V.
- Man sollte bei meinen Aktivitäten eigentlich davon ausgehen dürfen,
daß ich Mitglied im FITUG e.V. bin.
Joey, 11 May '99